Volunteer Airdrie is working with QE2 Network to host a online talent show. It will feature amazing people of any age from Airdrie who have a gift such as singing, dancing, art and so forth. There will also be a Millennial Segment featuring young adults who are technologically-gifted and who might have a passion for S.T.E.M. and coding as well as video game creation and app creation. The talent show is not limited to any of the above mentioned so if you think you have a gift please submit a entry and you might just get featured on the show.
The show will be aired on www.airdrietv.com every Sunday night and a winner will be chosen each week by the panel.
Talent Show Rules
- The show is open to any age.
- Talents may include (but not limited to) singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, comedy, martial arts, juggling, NO LIP-SYNCING.
- Everyone must return a completed and signed Talent Show Participation Form.
- The recommended length is a minimum of 2 mins and a maximum of 20 mins (Longer shows are best, so they can be cropped to fit).
- In all cases, the decisions of the judges are final and will not be open to discussion.
- Absolutely no profanity or insensitive subject matter will be permitted. Any act that contains profanity, sexual language, suggestive sexual themes or violence will be disqualified.
- Costumes are allowed but must be appropriate for all age groups, please describe on the form. This is a community event.
- Acts are responsible for their own props and costumes.
- All performances will be screened for appropriateness by the Talent Show Committee.
- If your act requires recorded accompanying music, the music must be provided to the Talent Show Committee at the time of the auditions. The CD must be labelled with your name and song name.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to get the accompanying music back after the show.
- Acts with any member under 18 must have written consent from parents for each of the members.
- There will be prizes given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- ALL music must be original to you. If not, proof of Artist permission or Socan license must be valid.
- ALL LYRICS MUST BE APPROPRIATE IN EVERY WAY. This includes any song being sung, performed by an instrumentalist, or danced to. A “clean” version of a song with explicit lyrics is not acceptable—the original song must be appropriate in every way!
- After the audition, the acts will be posted each week on the QE2 Network, along with other social networks. Winners will move forward and will need additional acts.
Entry cost is $20, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for payment options.